tamanho da uma vela para o Sunfish

juniorararas

gostaria de saber essas medidas são corretas para fazer uma vela em Dacron para meu sunfish
não tenho as antigas para tirar medida e aqui no Brasil esse é um modelo bem raro de veleiro, temos pouca ou quase nenhuma informação dele

Luff 13.33
Foot 13,33
Leech 14.33
Em metros respectivamente
Teste 4,06
Esteira 4,06
Valor 4,36
7,70m²
pesquisei no manual que um amigo aqui do Forum me manou mas o numero esta inelegível

Ola J-
Some places list the luff and foot 13.25 feet and the leech 14.25 feet (only 1 inch or 2.5cm different) . I am not sure how any of them measure area, I get more like 7.4 or 7.5 m^2 with an online claculator, but I imagine the sails are not really flat but drafted. Now I am curious...

Sunfish Sail Diagram with National Letters

yysw208221.jpg

Now I am curious...
sail1_measured_rainbow_alcort_canada.jpg

Above is a quick look at my own sail. The note on 1" luff and foot tape is really 2" ( folded for 1 inch each side)

In the 1975 copy of the Mainsail pamphlet from Sailrite, it indicates broadseams but differs in dimensions, panel count, grommet count as my Alcort one from 10 years later or their current kit online:

appendix_a_mainsail_sailrite_1975.jpg

Note that there are two CURRENT versions of the Sunfish sail:
'Race' and 'regular' (a bit flatter than the 'race' version).
The dimensions will vary accordingly.

The OP from the thread on WoodenBoat gave me a diagram that was made with input from that discussion and offered me to share it here:

Whameller_lateen_sunfish_diagram1_smaller.jpg

Back