Sunfish Main sheet and Halyard suggestions

wardie

Some companies have line packages but being new I'm not certain how good of quality I need to get. Looking at recreational sailing and club level racing maybe a regatta or two but definitely not Nationals :)

Any suggestions on what to get and where to get it? Thanks

I sell line packages that have a 28 ft 5/16" mainsheet double braid, and 3/16" xls double braid 25 ft halyard. The mainsheet comes spliced with a new brass hook. Also included are two outhaul lines for the ends of the sails. $55 plus shipping. If you need new sail clips I have those as well.

If more serious racing I have dyneema/spectra halyards, outhauls, cunningham and sail ties.

cjo1023 at yahoo-dot-com

I sell line packages that have a 28 ft 5/16" mainsheet double braid, and 3/16" xls double braid 25 ft halyard. The mainsheet comes spliced with a new brass hook. Also included are two outhaul lines for the ends of the sails. $55 plus shipping. If you need new sail clips I have those as well.

If more serious racing I have dyneema/spectra halyards, outhauls, cunningham and sail ties.

cjo1023 at yahoo-dot-com

How good is the $55 pkg. Can it be used for Club Level racing?

All that matters, IMHO, is to have a halyard that doesn't stretch. The other lines are nice to have, but not necessary for club racing.
Good boat handling ('time in the boat') and getting the shifts right etc and you WILL win the race...

Back