new laser to me, 1974 model

ken smith

I just picked up this 74 laser after reading about sailing over the winter. You see I live in Buffalo and need things to do over the winter. It all started years ago when my dad had a power boat and got me into boating. since then I have had one power boat with a 150 outboard, 3 different 12 foot boats, all with motors and then a virus hit me one day while I was watching windsurfing on tv. The next day I bought a 12 foot windsurfer got better and sold it for a smaller 8 footer that I could scream across the water on. I then had 3 kids and needed a boat for all of us so I bought an old 22 foot Macgregor and sailed with the kids until we out grew that boat and sold it for a Macgregor 26x. The kids wanted to get into wakeboarding and only liked to sail when it was very windy. I then bought a single kayak and liked it so much we bought a double. One breezy day with the baby while kayaking I turned the unbrella and began to sail down the river. This virus is very powerful. I thought for a while on how I could attach a sail to the kayak, then I saw a laser on the web and started to read all about these boats. I found this web site and found other people who are afflicted by the same virus. Now I can get the laser ready for full year round sailing because here in Buffalo the Niagara River never freezes.
Ken

Back