Laser Restoration Help

monkey_feet

Arlington, TX
Hello,

I'm trying to find details of someone who has removed the deck and fixed a delaminated boat.

anyone have suggestions?

I just had to buy a new boat for my kids. My first one that I purchased over Chirstmas got STOLEN! Found it on the dam on our lake. Totally destroyed! The replacement boat is delaminated.

Plan to let the kids use it this summer as is, but if I get a wild hair and want to have a winter project....

You'll find that people are going to provide one of two suggestions:
1) New boat
2) Do everything possible to fix the issue without completing the separation of deck and hull.

there is a post somewhere on here where someone completely separated the hull and deck, it will definitely take some effort and time, there are pictures of the process

you might consider cutting out the old crap out that holds the seam together and re-bonding it with a better bonding agent, there is a post somewhere talking about this as well, I think it mentioned 4200 sealing up the seam pretty well and other options that might also work well

you might want to search the forum with google to find these

delamanation is usualy fixed in two ways one to drill holes in the bubble and inject epoxy between the layers with a srynge and needle and then place weights on it or apply force against it with a ratchet strap and a block of wood remember to cover it over with clingfilm first though and the other is to grind the bubble off with a dremel key it up with sandpaper clean it with acitone and gel over it.
separating the deck is hard if you want to do that but it can be done the easiest way is with one of theese http://www.thesawcentre.co.uk/power...arton-voltage-240v&utm_campaign=froogle#10116 they're expensive but you may be able to hire one as not many people have them other than boat builders? repairers caravan and motarhome builders and kitchen and bedroom fitters. there may be cheeper versions avalable on the market. basicaly use it to cut out the deck seam and the two halves should just come apart and then reach inside and cut the cockpit off and the mast pot at the bottom heres what it will look like http://sailingforums.com/threads/hull-deck-separation-and-de-lamination.6092/ good luck.

Back