Hiking straps

captainJack987

I just bought a new hiking strap from aps and when I opened the box and it looked short, so i went to my boat and laid it in the cockpit and it only takes up about 3/4 of the length of the cockpit, my old one was the length of the cockpit. Why is this?

You don't use it all the way in the back, put the sucker in and have a go, you'll see.

Which strap did you get?

I put it in and and I looked like it be functional my old one wasn't padded so this was an improvement I had just never seen a short one before. Is there a particular way to rig it up? I just screwed it under the main sheet block and tied it up. It seemed to work I just no if theres a right and a wrong way to do it.

You don't use it all the way in the back, put the sucker in and have a go, you'll see.

Which strap did you get?

Ross, great rigging tips on your blog thing. But, how about a picture of your boat showing the whole boat rigged, and then you would be able to click on a part, and see how you rig it. But untill then, just a whole boat shot will be fine. :D

I am going to make that into a series, every now and then add a bit about my specific rigging. Kind of like how Andrew Campbell does tactics, I do rigging! :)

I'm going to try and take my boat out this week to do some work. I can probably do a section for you guys on the hiking strap adjustment.

Ya I like it I didn't want to spend to much money on it, but it looks to be fairly quality. I bought it the same time I bought my new tiller and extension.

Yea, understandable. I have the Rooster strap, which is actually a buck cheaper. ( actually $1.67, whoop deee dooo!) And I think the Rooster strap is more geared towards racing as it thinly padded in the Kiwi Style, is 3 inches wide and 33.5 long, just perfect! (For me at least!)

Back