vang build up?

1silverlaser

hi

i know this may be sort of a trivial question but i need some help

i have an old messed up vang that came w/ my '78 laser when i bought it
i am definetly looking for a new one

does anyone know whether i can build a vang out of parts that works as well as a good vang out of a catalog?which would be less expensive?

i dont really need one that is for hard core racing but durable enough for some pick up races or races @ my sailing club

if u have any suggestions im all ears

thanx alot

Hi Joe, I´ve one idea for you. It was my winterwork at home. Where can I send it (pic´s) to you. 1 problem with that idea:the description will be in "German", because I`ve given that to our laserforum in Germany first. Of course drLaser will get this, too (when description in "English for runaways" is ready -next week I hope- so that he can translate proove and optimize it for the North American Lasercruisers). Maybe you wait until that time please.
It´s a vang for Lasercruisers only (No official racing allowed with it). In the mantime: go to drLaser webpage. There in the "FAQ" are a lot of very good Ideas to build a selfmade-vang I think. Another Link is www.roostersailing.com There at "tipps and hints" you will find in "Roosters Sailing and Rigging Info" "Rooster sailing and rigging Infosheeds 4old" and "4new" with all explanaitions to build vangs in old and new configuration.

But one thing is very important: Dont use a selfmade-vang on offical Laserrace it is 99.5% not allowed. Try to win races by good sailing and good tactics and not with technical goodies, ok?! :)
Byebye
LooserLu

> Dont use a selfmade-vang on offical Laser race; it is 99.5% not allowed.

If a homemade vang does not violate any of the related class rules, it's legal.
If it violates one or more rules, it is illegal.
And that's that!

There is not a single Fleet Captain, District Officer or Measurer in this world who is authorized to "interpret" the Rules independently to mean anything other than what the TEXT of the rules state.

If any of you encounter any such individuals, just let drLaser know.

Best regards,

Editor, drLaser

Back