Aquafin ....dirt cheap

mixmkr

I have the opportunity to pick up 6-10 Aquafins for a almost zero price per boat. Not sure why I would, but it sure is tempting. I'd listen to pros and cons from other sailors!!

The trick is not getting the boats but getting 6-10 bikini clad women to sail the boats, all at
the same time. I see a bar bet cooking here. . .

The trick is not getting the boats but getting 6-10 bikini clad women to sail the boats, all at
the same time. I see a bar bet cooking here. . .
The bet has already been lost (or won). Being happily married, I won't venture that route, but needless to say, I'm doing work on the local Girl Scout Fleet, and I'm sure all these boats had young women in swim suits, all sailing at the same time. So... the 'trick' has already been performed. Oh...they purchased all new boats this year, and this is the fleet they want to "get rid of". All half decent shape and nothing I can't make look great again.
Next trick?? :-D

Din' know what an Aquafin looked like, so looked it up:

picaquafinn102b.jpg

Splashguard is molded in, which I suspect makes the deck stronger than Sunfish's design.

Is that a tensioner on the rudder?

I tbink its just a spring to kick up the rudder. Yea...in the fish family. Metal rudder, sleeved sail...all molded, still fiberglass. Kinda hard to pass up...but not when I have my fish. Could buy and give away to jr sailors (that like to mow lawns, etc!!!)

Back