AMFlite 12 sails

Here is one possibility:
http://www.supersailmakers.com/Flite-12-Main-P303C4.aspx
I've purchased from these guys before (not for a Flite 12, but for another hard-to-locate sail). They have an extraordinary selection and can do custom work. Be sure to talk to someone there first - they are very helpful.

They have a really interesting clearance section, also, that's hit-or-miss, but sometimes you can get lucky with something close enough to what you are looking for:
http://www.supersailmakers.com/All-Sails-By-boat-type-if-known-C258.aspx?s=Name ASC&p=1

Measure your booms and mast. If the mast is 9 ft long and the booms are under 13 feet long than the Minifish sail will work for you at 65 sq ft. If the mast is 10 ft and the booms are 13'-6" long than a standard Sunfish sail will work. I have both. Contact me at cjo1023 at yahoo dot com.

I am guessing that an AMFLite 12 is a Minifish clone; just like an AMFLite 14 is a Sunfish clone.
Following up on sailcraftri's suggestion should be enlightening.

Measure your booms and mast. If the mast is 9 ft long and the booms are under 13 feet long than the Minifish sail will work for you at 65 sq ft. If the mast is 10 ft and the booms are 13'-6" long than a standard Sunfish sail will work. I have both. Contact me at cjo1023 at yahoo dot com.
Looking through my stack of metal pipes and extrusions, I noticed a black end-cap in something about three feet long. Removing it from the pile, I found it was an aluminum baseball bat. :confused:

Little League aluminum baseball bats are a maximum of 2¼" in outer diameter. This one has a hard rubber or plastic bumper end-cap fitted tightly on the big end . It is marked (and the striking surface measures) 2¼" in outside diameter.

There's about 10" to 12" of bat that might fit tightly, so, can a Minifish mast be extended in length by bonding a cutoff aluminum baseball bat to the bottom?

Or, what is the inside diameter of a Minifish mast? (And I'll make it fit!) ;)

Back