• Please be alert for scammers offering shipped items. Just like any internet purchase, please use caution and be sure to verify identies. Phone calls are strongly recommended along with using payment methods offering protection for shipped items. Never use VENMO or Pay Pal Friends and Family for shipped goods. Also, please look out for users linking to an existing thread but providing a different email address to contact the original poster.

14ft AMF Alcort Sunfish

emmeexelby

Price $
State
CALIFORNIA
City
san clemente
hello, im trying to help my dad sell this sunfish that he's been trying to get rid of for years! we are unsure the year, but we do have all the parts to it (dagger board, tiller, mast, sail...). if you have any interest, or any information on it, please feel free to message me! im not quite sure how this forum works but i will try my best. we are also very open to offers as we are just trying to find it a new home.

Attachments

• IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7478.jpeg
    IMG_7478.jpeg
    558.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7479.jpeg
    IMG_7479.jpeg
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 73
A picture or two with the sail up would help.
In addition, pictures of the daggerboard and rudder would facilitate a sale.

The last two numbers of the Hull ID will tell you the year. It is on the stern where I pointed an arrow. It’s probably around 1974-1976 based on the block for the halyard near where the mast goes. Some 1976’s have the block and others like my 1976 has a bullseye fairlead. My 1976 looks just like this boat.
IMG_7383.jpeg

As long as the sail, blades and bottom are in good shape, that is a desirable boat. The problem is that Sunfish are not so popular in California, so you may not be able to fetch that price - a boat like that would sell for perhaps that much on the east coast. If there is no number stamped on the upper right of the stern it's a '72 or '73 (for those boats, the hull number was originally on a silver sticker behind the splash guard - those often fell off.) If it's a late '73 or newer, the number will be on the stern. Source of this info is here https://www.sunfishklasse.nl/documenten/Sunfish Timeline.pdf

You should advertise it here, on Craigslist, on Facebook Marketplace and on the Sunfish Sailboat Marketplace group on Facebook.

My personal guess is it is a '72 or '73, but please let us know what you find.

hello, im trying to help my dad sell this sunfish that he's been trying to get rid of for years! we are unsure the year, but we do have all the parts to it (dagger board, tiller, mast, sail...). if you have any interest, or any information on it, please feel free to message me! im not quite sure how this forum works but i will try my best. we are also very open to offers as we are just trying to find it a new home.
Could you lay out the sail, daggerboard, rudder & tiller and send a photo? Thank you. If the sail is damaged, I can buy a new one. Please be sure the rudder & tiller have the needed connectors to affix to the boat. I would drive down from Morro Bay to look at this (or I could reimburse your trip up here).

Kate 02/26/24

Back